Saturday, January 30, 2010

Introductions!




Today's the day. You hop out of bed, dressing quickly and snagging a pop tart before flying out the room. You wait eagerly by the bus stop, adjusting your clothes and watching the time. The bus arrives after what seems like forever and you take your seat, excited and nervous at what's in store for you. As you're riding, a familiar sign passes overhead and your heart skips a beat. You're almost there! Exiting the bus, a shot of adrenaline courses through your body and you can't help but smile at everyone you pass. Closer and closer you get to your ultimate destination, quickening your pace with each passing step. Out of the corner of your eye, you spot what you've been looking for. Finally, you have made it. Time seems to stand still as you gaze at the wondrous iconic castle before your eyes and reality hits you: you are at the happiest place on earth, Disney World.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Hello, my name is Jennifer! I'm a 19 year old college sophomore majoring in Elementary Education and minoring in Music. It is my dream to eventually take part in and share the magic that made my childhood, and continues to make my life, so special. This blog will document my journey to becoming a part of the Walt Disney World College Program.


I applied for the fall 2010 program the day applications came up. I watched the e-presentation online and went on the complete the web interview. After passing that, I scheduled my phone interview for Friday January 29th at 7:45 pm EST, which was yesterday. I think it went well, though they were running a bit behind schedule. I got invited to audition, which was great, so I shall be auditioning in Pittsburgh.


Top Roles:


Character Performer- Acting is one of the best concepts ever created. Period. Mad props to Thespis. I would love to be any character, but my personal dream would be to become friends with a certain mermaid named Ariel. :)


Attractions - I'd love to work a spiel ride (who wouldn't right?). Ever since I first rode the Great Movie Ride, I knew that that could be me one day. It just goes to show that anything can happen in the movies.


Other roles I checked off:


Merchandise
Full Service Food & Beverage
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Hostess
Photopass Photographer
Hospitality
Vacation Planner
Quick Service Food & Beverage


I was told that I would hear a response in 4-5 weeks. So now, I join so many others and the wait begins.......


Till next time,



Have a Magical Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment