Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I have arrived!


Yes! I'm officially moved into my apartment at Disney! It's so strange to finally be able to say that I've arrived. I still remember waiting in January, quite impatiently, for applications to begin. I'm so excited to begin my journey with the Disney College Program!

Yesterday was the check-in day for all the 6/7 arrivals and I was so busy all day! I woke up and 6 am and didn't get to sleep until 1 am! It was fun though. Check-in was around 8 am. There, I got my room assignment (2-bedroom apartment in Chatham!), my housing id, and some important papers. I had just enough time to catch a bus to chatham to drop of my stuff before heading over to casting! At casting, I found out that I would be working at Disney's Hollywood Studios, which is so exciting! After that, we went through some formalities, like fingerprints and paperwork, and finished with a first picture of ourselves in front of the Disney College Program poster, welcoming us to the program. I also received my schedule for the next few days.

Today I have a day off to get acclimated to my new environment, get to know my roommates (which are awesome!), and finish moving in, which I've already done since I didn't bring too much with me. I plan on catching up on my homework today. We'll see if that actually happens ;) On Wednesday, I go to my Traditions class, which will introduce me to the culture and heritage of Disney. We'll also be getting our official Disney Cast Member ID during the class. I have the early morning session, which I was really hoping for because, once class is over, I can head out to the parks with my spiffy new ID! On Thursday, I have my first training session which will be about 4 hours long, then I'm free for the rest of the day. Friday I have off so I can again have fun in the parks! On Saturday, I have my park orientation and although it will 6 hours long, I think it will be tons of fun!

So that's my schedule for the rest of the week. I still have to keep up with my online class, blehhh, but I don't have it for much longer so hopefully I'll be able to keep on top of it.

Formspring Question!

What is your fairy tale ending?

Well, my fairy tale ending is pretty traditional in the fact that I want my Prince Charming to sweep me off my feet and we'll live happily ever after. Just like in a Disney movie :)

Well that's all I have for now so, as I will certainly be hearing a lot soon since I'm going to be working at Hollywood Studios, on with the show!

Til next time,


HAVE A MAGICAL DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment