Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The ABC's of Disney movies, as told by me (C)


Another post, another letter! Short one today, though. Not many "C" Disney movies I found out.

C -

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (2005)


I like this movie personally because I, for one, used to always imagine there was a secret passage into a wonderful world in my house from my downstairs closet. I used to hide in there all the time. Yup, I'm pretty sure I thought there was a doorway from my house into a secret land like Narnia. This brings back all those fun memories and I especially love seeing the whole experience through Lucy's eyes, the look of complete amazement and awe. Plus, the actors are British! Gotta love the accents!

Fun Facts:

Georgie Henley's reaction to Mr. Tumnus at the lamppost is genuine. She had not seen her cast mate James McAvoy in his costume before the scene was filmed, so her screams and reaction were real. Georgie's first reaction to the snowy world of Narnia is also genuine - she was carried into the set blindfolded to make her first entrance, and her wide-eyed, delighted reactions to it all are entirely her own.

The movie was mostly shot in chronological order. The final scene where the Pevensie's fall out of the wardrobe was shot before all the outdoor shots so the kids would still be pale and look like they had in the beginning of the film.

In the movie Edmund asks if the White Witch can make him taller. In fact, Skandar Keynes grew six and a half inches during the filming of this movie.

Fun Quotes:

Mr. Tumnus, the Faun: And what about you? You must be some kind of beardless dwarf?
Lucy Pevensie: I'm not a dwarf! I'm a girl. And actually, I'm tallest in my class.
Mr. Tumnus, the Faun: You mean to say that you're a daughter of Eve?
Lucy Pevensie: [confused] Well, my mum's name is Helen...
Mr. Tumnus, the Faun: Y-Yes, but, you are in fact... human?

Lucy Pevensie: It's all right! I'm back! I'm all right!
Edmund Pevensie: Shut up! He's coming!
Peter Pevensie: You know, I'm not sure you two have quite got the idea of this game.
Lucy Pevensie: Weren't you wondering where I was?
Edmund Pevensie: That's the point. That was why he was seeking you!
Susan Pevensie: Does this mean I win?
Peter Pevensie: I don't think Lucy wants to play anymore.

[Peter hands Edmund a fur coat]
Edmund Pevensie: But that's a girl's coat!
Peter Pevensie: [nods] I know.

Until next time,


HAVE A MAGICAL DAY!

1 comment:

  1. Jen!! Not many C disney movies???
    C'mon!! Where's Cinderella?? ;)

    ReplyDelete