Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Unnamed Post


Hey everyone! First off, I want to apologize for not doing my blog that often. I try to write a post once a week and even though I meet my goal, it's not as frequent as I'd like. I've been so busy with my school work, as I'm sure many of you have, and I'm only slightly obsessed with the Olympics :). That said, I can't wait for the semester to be over because then that means I'll be only that much closer to leaving for DISNEYWORLD!

I officially accepted my offer for QSFB last Friday and picked June 7th as my arrival date. It was a bittersweet moment however because I was planning on rooming with Abby, Jenn, Sara, Tracie, and Lyanne. Unfortunately this couldn't happen because the June 14th date wasn't available for me or Lyanne and that was the date the other four chose. So Lyanne and I have decided to room together (Yay!), hopefully in a 3-bedroom at Chatham, just like we were supposed to with the other four. Maybe we'll all end up being room neighbors! That would be so much fun!

Also, I got my beautiful purple folder in the mail Tuesday! It seems so much more real now that I have the tangible proof! In the folder was a lot of information about the living, earning, and learning aspects of the program as well as a more in-depth description of my role. I actually still haven't read it all. The reason for that is because I've become a little addicted to the online game I now have access to since I accepted my position in the college program. It's called the Timekeeper and the point is to save "Disney's Heritage" from the Evil Sidheron. Basically, all you do is go from planet to planet reading all these really cool facts about all things Disney and take little quizzes about the information you just uncovered. The faster you get the right answer, the higher your score. Last time I checked, I was rank 5 of all-time but that's probably changed by now. It is really fun though because I'm learning so many interesting facts about the company! So if you haven't tried it yet and you've already accepted, you should!

On another note, I've been trying my hand at making a vlog...and my camera insists on acting up every time. If not my camera then my microphone. Maybe it's better this way as I'm a terrible editor :P I promise I'll do one sometime, but I have NO idea when that will be.

Formspring Question #2 (Keep 'em coming!)

Where in Disney World would you like to work?

I don't have a specific place I want to work yet, more like a general area. I know I want to work in one of the four main parks: Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Hollywood Studios, or Animal Kingdom. I'm leaning more toward Magic Kingdom though because it is my favorite park and is the most "magical" to me. Also, I think it would be really fun to work my own cart, like the ice-cream cart, though I don't really know why. I know it would be very hot during the summer and since the carts are outside....well you know what it must be like for the people who stand there all day. Still, it seems like a fun job. :)

Also, I'm not really sure what to talk about in my posts. I know you guys don't always want to read about me :P ! If you have any suggestions, please comment!

As always, congratulations to those that have recently been accepted and tons of pixie dust for those still waiting!

Until next time,


HAVE A MAGICAL DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment